- Maintenance release.
- Fixed an issue in Windows 2000 which was causing some weird error messages.
- From this version onward, we have discontinued Text2Web and made
Text2Web Pro free. We do however accept donations if you would like
to show your appreciation. Please be assured that this is not a request
for payment. If you do make a donation we will include your name and/or
URL in a list on the Text2Web pages on our site.
- This version does not have any major design changes, just a few minor bug fixes.
- Fixed bug where entity replacement was not always working.
- Fixed bug where the program didn't work if text translation box was empty.
- Added option to enable/disable text translation.
- Fixed bug where program was working incorrectly when "Ignore email" option was selected.
- This version rectifies the problem of the corrupted exe file in the previous version.
- Fixed bug where the "inside table function" did not work if clipboard was selected as the output destination.
- Added a progress indicator - some of you thought that the program had hung when in fact it was still working.
- Added an abort button for long operations.
- some minor bug fixes.
- You can now customise entity translations to your own values.
- Added new feature to replace text which can, amongst.other things, allow you to define friendly links for your URLs and email addresses.
- Added Backup and Restore functionality.
- Improved functionality for removing trailing punctuation.
- Some minor bug fixes.
This version sees a complete revamp of the program. It is now written in Delphi which,
for the user, means no more worries about extra libraries and compatibility issues.
From the design perspective, it gives us a lot more flexibility for future expansion
and also a more stable application.
Text2Web and Text2Web Pro are now split into two independent and free-standing
applications. They share only the help file.
Text2Web is freeware and no longer has disabled functionality with pop-up dialogs.
We hope our users will find this less irritating.
Text2Web Pro is now a fully-functional try-before-you-buy software. The trial period
is 30 days.
- Introduced concept of profiles. You can now save your configuration in different profiles which can also be called from the command-line or from a batch file.
- HTML code can now be written inside a table, effectively giving margins for better display.
- For Links Selection box, you can now specify the caption for the Go button.
- Fonts are now specified with style parameters - this gives finer control over display.
- Option to replace (or not) entities - some users prefer not to replace them. The most common entities are replaced if the option is selected.
- The converted document can now be opened directly in your default browser on completion.
- You can now add extra code wherever you require in your html document.